Friday, August 20, 2010

Never a business woman.

Am cracking my head for my Management assignments.
We are supposed to find quotes of a historical character
and some comments about the quotes.

I feel so lucky to be a science student.
All the business thingy are so complicated.
I don't even know what I was reading.
Those that got into my head were just words like 'management', 'team-working'
and 'leadership' and stuff.
What the hell is 'coercive power'?
What actually does the phase
'in "Between Two Laws" Weber writes that certain communities are able to provide the conditions for not only such "bourgeois" values as citizenship and true democracy, "but also much more intimate and yet eternal values, including artistic ones."'
freaking mean??
Why the heaven are we, MARINE SCIENCE STUDENTS
taking business and management course?
This semester has got really bussiness-y.
I have an entrepreneurship class, a marketing class, and a management class.
Science students are always asked to be logical and straight-forward,
but being a business student,
you have to be creative and think out of the box
and of all the possibilities that may occur in the future.
That is why we find it so hard to fit ourselves into all the business stuff.

All of those business shits
made me realize how much I love science.
I'd rather read theories of Albert Einstein than Mary Parker Follett.

I still have a business proposal and a marketing plan to crack my head for.
Due date by the end of September.
Am supposed to send in the assignments to the Business School.
I have never been there before.
It would be like so awkward to walk into that building
as all the business students dress so differently from students in the Science & Technology School.
Ya'll know scientists don't care much about physical appearance.
They only care about their experiment results,
so ya, nerds can be seen everywhere in my school.
And I am one of them.  Kind of.  :)

No comments: