Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Make-up routine.

Okay. So this is an entry I owed miss Liying.
And sis asked for reviews, so yea.

Am embarrassed to show you guys mua cosmetics
because they are not some branded stuff
as I emphasize more on skincare so I would splurge more for my skin
rather than on make-up.
Plus all my cosmetics after adding up
are only half of the total amount of my skincare products
because I only use them when I am in Ipoh during the holidays.

First step: Make-up base


Etude House Pore Smoothing Peach Base.
I have only started using make-up base about four months ago.
Under the influence of Jap mag.
This peach base is in green colour, 
fyi green colour base is for neutralizing redness like acnes,
and it is good for concealing purple dark circles.
I apply it around the nose and forehead where there are redness and imperfections.
Note that it cannot be applied to the whole face
or else you will turn out to be an ugly vampire.

Second step: Foundation/BB cream




Revlon ColourStay Foundation for oily skin in Natural.
This is the one I used before BB cream.
It has a very good coverage plus it really does control the oil
but it clogs pores, for me, that's why I stopped using it.


Elianto Miracle WHite Multiplex BB cream.
First tube of BB cream, and I am still using it
because it is in a freaking big portion.
Have been using it for about one and a half year already
but I still can't finish this shit.
Not bad but can't really control the oil.
Moderate coverage, SPF 45 PA+++,
whitening, anti-wrinkle, forming, moisturizing.
All in a tube. Great for lazy bums like me. LOL.
Mama is using Skinfood Mushroom BB cream and she loves it.
I want my Skinfood.  :(

Third step: Concealer



Maybelline Perfect Concealer in Natural.
Moderate coverage.
One of the cons is it wears off kinda quick.
After sweating all the blemishes and the dark circles appear again.
Any nice concealer to intro, anybody? :)

Fourth step: Pressed powder


Maybelline Clear Smooth Pressed Powder in Natural.
It is supposed to be mattifying but it doesn't work on my skin.
Am still searching high and low for the suitable pressed powder.

Fifth step: Eyeliner


Maybelline Gel Eyeliner in 01 Black.
Very easy to apply and it doesn't smudge throughout the day.
I prefer gel form than liquid and pencil.
Maybelline doesn't harden easily.
Got a bottle in May, left it at home when I went back to Sabah
and it is still usable now.

Sixth step: Mascara




Majolica Majorca Mascara.
Used after eyelash curler of course.
Currently using the second tube from the left: Lash Gorgeous Wing.
Very easy to apply and the result is very nice.
It does a great job on lengthening, curling, and defining although it doesn't thicken the lashes.

Seventh step: Lip balm/lip gloss



Mentholatum LipIce in Fresh Plum/Peach Cream, either one, I forgot.
Got this with Sasa from Watson when we were in a trip to Penang, I guess?
Long time ago, when Twins was the spokesperson of the product.
It was cheaper in 2, so I got it with Sasa.
The colour kinda changes after applying, depends on the colour of the lips.
After LipIce, I use:




The Faceshop Fruit Jelly Tube in PK103.
Was attracted to the thick texture.
It is sticky during applying but after a few minutes the stickiness will go away.
Nice colour and shininess.

p/s  I don't use lipstick because my lip colour is dark enough.

Eighth step: Blusher


SilkyGirl Blusher in 01 Nectar Blush.
I am not a big fan of blushers so I chose a cheap one.
Seldom use blusher.
This blusher is cheap but the colour is not bad.
Suit my skin colour.


Canmake Cream Cheek in 04.
It is a nice peach colour blush, given by the sis.
Haven't give this hottie a try
but I love the colour.
I foresee myself getting a lot of Canmake products
because the spokesperson is freaking Lena Fujii!! Omg omg omg.



That's all lo.
Normally I don't use eye shadow, all the primers, shades and stuff.
I opt for natural make-up face with less colours and glitters.
Except for some special occasions, then I'll put eye shadows and stuff on.
Still have a lot of improvements to do.
I still need:

1. White eyeliner pencil.
2. White/silver eyeshadow to brighten the eyes.
3. A good concealer and pressed powder.
4. Some nice eye shadows.
5. Highlighter.

Oh by the way, I personally intro:


Mentholatum medicated lip gel.  The dark green tube.
That's the best lip balm I've ever used.
Not tinted.
Super moisturizing and it has cooling effect.
Not sticky not oily.
But I left it in Sabah. :(



AND Liese Wave-up Foam.
Me using 02 and it is so goooooood.
Better than Lucidol.
Lucidol makes the hair hard but this Liese hottie leaves hair soft and manageable
at the same time maintains the nice curls.
I left it in Sabah too wtf.
How come I left all the good stuff in Sabah.

No comments: