Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Confession of a nerd.

Slacked for 3 months+ at home since semester break started.
It's time to pull myself together
and do something good for myself besides gaining weight and sleeping.
So I cleaned my room on Sunday.
To me, cleaning = a new start.
I always clean when I feel like having a change.


That's me in my old loose tee before I started cleaning the room.
Look how messy my desk was.
So sorry for the shitty picture quality.
Can only take pictures with my iPod now.
Something is wrong with either my camera battery or the charger.
Gonna fix it on Wednesday.

Some pictures I took on that day.
I am not a fashionista so don't expect me to show my closet alright.
You guys know what I truly am.
BINGO.
All I am gonna show today are booksssssssss.
NGEK.


My collection of 穹风 and 藤井树.
These 2 are my FAVOURITE Chinese authors.
Till now I still check their new books out.
I believe Chinese novel lovers are all familiar with 藤井树.
He was then a very famous online writer before he released novels.
And if you like 藤井树, oh my gosh,
you definitely have to read 穹风's books.
They are so good in expressing their feelings through words.
When you read, you can feel them. Seriously.
Chinese is such a beautiful language.


My collection of English novels.
Of course these are not all of them.
Series that I have:
Shopaholic series, The Princess Diaries series, Charmed series,
Morganville Vampire series, Pretty Little Liar series, Twilight Saga
and of course Harry Potter series.
However sadly to say,
NONE of them are complete except for HP series.
Even the Twilight Saga is incomplete.
Still short of the last book.
I always stop doing something halfway.
Piano lessons, puzzles, sewing, reading, collecting books.
Failure. 


Look what I found!!
My ALL-TIME FAVOURITE when I was in high school!
I used to go to the Novel Hut in Ipoh Garden South EVERY weekend
and every time I would rent at least 2 books
and all I ever rented were SVU and R.L. Stine's.
I've read so much of Sweet Valley, 
I actually started reading Sweet Valley High first before moving to SVU.
Fyi, both series have the same characters.
Sweet Vallet High series tell story about the characters in high school,
and SVU series is about them in the university. 
And R.L. Stine, WOW I love his EVERY SINGLE book.
Almost finished reading all his books in the shop before I stopped going to that place
because my mom got tired of sending me to the same place every week
to get some 'unnecessary' stuff.
Gosh I miss these series!
Should have collected them!! URGH!
Oh by the way, the 4 books in my cupboard were the ones that I never get to return. 


I am a HP fan like that.
I mentioned before in my previous post, 
my first HP book is in Chinese,
and I actually start reading the English versions quite late.
Got this when I was still reading in Chinese.


OMG here comes my Crayon Shinchan collection.
Incomplete but I tried my best to collect them.
They are so hard to find now!
Lucky me!


Given by my sis and Hippo as birthday present 
when I was obsessed with Bear Bricks.


School magazines.
I stopped cleaning and opened them on the spot when I found them
and saw so many innocent faces.
MUAHAHAHA.
Embarrassing pictures of the past.
Couldn't take it!


Jap mags started from 2008.
Thrown them all out from my room,
keeping only a few issues of 2010 and 2011.


My first fashion magazines!!
Issues of 2006. LOL.
When I didn't even know how to hold a mascara.


Remember this?
Never failed to get every issue during high school.
Accompanied me from Form4 (?) until upper six.


These were taken out from issues of 少年.
Inside were all very artistic articles written by teens.
Proven that since young I like to act artsy 
by reading artistic stuff. LOL.
But I did love them la.
Does that mean that I am genuinely artsy? Hehe.


A friend got me this from China.
The expiry date was 2008. LMAO.


My lovely CLEO mags. :)
CLEO replaces 少年 after I graduated from Pre-U.
Again, I get every single issue.
I like them too much to sell them after reading
hence I am keeping every issue
until I find a better substitution. 


My cupboard now.
I wanna get another cupboard 
or perhaps a book shelf to keep more books.

Ladies always dream of owning a walk-in closet
but but but can I have a home library instead, please, future husband? LOL.



SEE??? SO FREAKING AWESOME!!!
No no no, don't go thinking This woman is crazy first,
I don't need a home library as awesome as that,
I just want something small like:


or this:


or this:


From now on, earn and save
so you can grant my wish ok!
Muchas gracias! :D

2 comments:

johnny said...

haha I like your idea of having a mini library at home! =)

Xinjue´ said...

Super cool right? hehe