Thursday, July 14, 2011

Sawadeeka.

Here is my Phuket trip post I am gonna write although it is already my bedtime.
Seriously need a good eye cream 
now that my dark circles are incurable. 
DIE HARD. I WILL NEVER LOOK GOOD.

Left to Singapore for a friend's convocation before heading to Phuket.
Will blog about it in a separate post.
Flew to Phuket on the 7th.
It was a 4D3N trip
which cost me approximately RM1200+ including the flight tickets.

So, the 6 of us took the earliest flight from Changi Airport,
reached Phuket at 9.05a.m. local time.
Phuket is an hour ahead, by the way.
Resort people picked us up from the airport.
After 1 hour plus we reached our resort
which surprisingly turned out to be a nice place!
I never expected that at all
since the resort only cost us S$99.
I went all like 'Is this real? Are we in the wrong resort?'
Everyone looked dumbfounded. Hahaha.

The lobby.
The pool is just beside it
but I forgot to snap a picture of it
because I was too busy drooling at handsome ang-mohs and the bell boy.
Muahaha.

Perfumed towel given by the nicest and handsome bell boy
while we were waiting for the check-in.

I
We were then invited to the little cafe of the resort
called The Balcony Cafe
so we didn't get grumpy waiting.

And there's this free drink that was so refreshing.
It was some kind of flower juice, Hippo said.
Hibiscus or orchid. Forgot.

The room.
NICE OR NOT.


This was the elephant towel on Sem's blog.
Stayed in the same resort as him!


The bathroom.

Very comfortable bathroom slippers.

After checking-in, we went for free Thai massage just outside of the resort.
Had our lunch just beside Patong Beach.
Got cheated by the food pictures.
Food wasn't good but they have.......

Super big and juicy coconuts!
One for 50 baht, about RM5.
Consider cheap as the size was huge.

After lunch, we went for a walk at the beach.
Quite cloudy that afternoon.


Headed to Jungceylon Mall after that.
Chose to walk, so we could explore the little town.
The mall is just 5 minutes away from the beach if we travel by tuk tuk,
but it took us about 2 hours plus to reach the place
because there were so many interesting things to see on the way to the mall.

We took a hyper long path
but totally enjoyed ourselves looking at alien things and food.

BIG BIG Mario 
BTW that's my favourite pose now.
Twisted legs. WTH.


This place looks quiet right?
But it is totally different at night.
Pubs and bistros all in a row.
Ang-mohs all have beers here at night,
and the Thai girls dance on the tables.
Imagine the crowd. 

All sweaty and clumsy
but happy. :D

Saw an interesting shop.
Husband Day Care Centre. LOL.
Spot the grumpy gorilla.

The first thing we did when we reached the mall:
SWENSEN'S. 
Hahaha.
We had a Swensen's fan with us, that's why.

He wasn't a shades person
but he instantly fell in love with my shades after I took this.
Will be his next profile pic. 
Haha.

Had some nuts, banana, caramel ice cream.
NICEEEEEEE.
Why is there no Swensen's in Ipoh?
People please bring more good food to Ipoh can?
I have been waiting forever for TGIF and Kim Gary.

Sky high prices.
Hahaha.

Awesome slippers. LOL.

Had steamboat dinner in the mall for 339 baht
and the guys had a crazy amount of bacon.
Can't imagine the amount of fats in all the bacon they consumed.
No pictures because was so freaking tired.
Went back to the resort by tuk tuk.

Second day 
we were supposed to go to Phuket town
by the free shuttle bus the resort provided.
However Auntie Red was envy of me having fun
so she came at the wrongest time with Uncle Pain.

Everyone else went to the town
except me, who had to rest in the room.
It was so painful I had to take painkillers.
I think it was the coconut that brought the pain.
Usually I am alright one.

After the pain was gone I woke up,
had nothing to do so I camwhored lo. LOL.
Pain till eyebags also got darker.

I got better when they returned from Phuket town
so I followed them to the beach.
They went for some water activities
like para-sailing and jet-skiing. 
I was again alone,
so all I did was taking pictures of the fat hippo
having a good time trying parachuting for the first time
and of others smiling on their super yeng jet ski. :(





Love all these shots.
My old model of Sony camera is still awesome can.

@mengss7 OUR FAVE! in Thai! LOL.

Seafood for dinner.
JENGGGGGGG.
Again coconut, except me, of course,
tom yum gung, prawns, pad thai, fish, clams.

Third day
They went for water rafting.
That one sure get wet one
so I stayed in the room again.

Sien till eyebags got more swollen!
Lazy to edit since I had no makeup on also.
Let you guys see my bare face la, nah.

With the company of junk food and KBS World and Channel V.
YES they have KBS World there, luckily.
Watched a lot of Korean MVs and Dream Team.
Weeeeeee.

Thailand Pocky.
SUPER SUPER CHEAP.
About 120 baht per packet
(RM1.20+).
They have many many flavours there
like blueberry and banana.
Thought of buying some back for my loves
but it was so chaotic on the last day so yea.

Went to a night market at Phuket town in the evening.
Had a great time looking at weird food.
Friends tried fried grasshoppers and all kinds of insects.

Last day
After checking out, we went for island hopping
which was more like speedboat-vomiting.
Awful trip.
The sea was rough, the waves were so strong,
the boat ride was so bumpy.
The worst thing was that the islands were all located superbly far from each other.
The 45-minutes bumpy boat ride was really crazy.
I nearly threw up, seriously.
The islands and beaches were breathtaking
but the boat ride ruined everything.
I had no mood to enjoy the scenery.
It's just awful.

The last island of Phi Phi.
After 45 minutes of agony and torture.

Ya I know I look awful
because I was FEELING awful.
This is the nearly-throw-up face.
TERRIBLE.





Rushed back to the resort afterwards.
It was very kind of them to provide us rooms to shower.
Then we were sent to the airport.
Reached Singapore at about 1a.m. local time.

Supper.

Stayed overnight at the airport.
Were going to take the bus back to Ipoh at 9a.m.

His treat. 
To keep us both awake.
But to no avail. LOL.

I know it is a long post.
I am going to have a hard time editing it before posting. *cries
More pictures on Facebook.
Will grab some pictures from friends and upload them into a new album
since I didn't take many pictures.
I always get lazy when there's a more professional camera around.

8 comments:

cmeng said...

buahaha~~ wo yao cola..... wo yao nugget~~~~

Xinjue´ said...

didn't have nuggets there~ hahaha

sem said...

din try mcd geh...last time everyday walk 2 janceylon mall..T.T

Xinjue´ said...

They all said don't wanna have mcd in Phuket wo, everyday eat mcd T.T

sem said...

tu thai mcd diff ! ada ju pa bao..

yyloo said...

wow..seems not bad~~hope ur able to play water activities in bali har!!!!

Xinjue´ said...

sem: WHAT???? REALLY??? shit I missed it :(

Kinki: Bali not much water activities oh as I know. only watch dolphins and stuff. wont get wet XD But still hope Auntie Red will not come and bother me lo. Very sou heng

yyloo said...

haha..ada ge..hanya duno expensive onot saje XD tak pe..v can enjoy seeing ang moh thr @.@