Saturday, May 18, 2013

Bits of beauty thoughts.

Just watched some videos about a plastic surgery a Singaporean celebrity blogger had undergone in Korea.  She looks so happy in the videos because, well, she does turn prettier. Despite the pretty face, there are many negative comments. People are always envy when they see things that they want on other people's face or life. The community, country, and the world is developing but some human minds always stay barbaric and childish.

I am not an anti-plastic-surgery person, so I think it is good that she went for the surgery, because clearly she is more confident now. Plus I admire her bravery, to get her face cut up and inserted silicone into her nose and fats from her thighs and tummy into her face. Seriously, if I were her, I would just turn and walk away even before I consult the doctor. Besides that, after the surgery, people would judge. She does not care because she said it is her face and she has every right to change it. That, I admire her for. The results were good and she deserves it.

When I look at her recent pictures on her blog, there was a moment that I thought gosh how I wish I have that kind of face why not go for plastic surgery. Then I woke up from my daydream and I thought WTF was I thinking. Lols. I am happy with what I have now. The blogger is a half celebrity, so looking good is her job, but I am just an ordinary employee, looking good is not listed on my job scope. The best thing is, my job requires me to deal with kids, and kids do not judge. They do not care are there wrinkles on your face or how many pimples have popped out during your period. All they need is food and toys.

People are never satisfied with what they have. I always hate my nose because it looks huge in pictures (which it does not, in real life, haha), and my puffy cheeks. My eyes are not big and round like dolls. I have eyebag under my right eye. The list goes on and on. However, after watching the videos I had mentioned earlier, I am happy with my puffy cheeks because they make me look young. I don't have to fill my cheeks with my tummy fats like the blogger. My nose is not high and sharp but the boyfriend loves it and he says my nose will bring him wealth and luck. My eyes are small but they are not dull plus luckily I still have double eyelids. My thick lips that I used to hate are claimed to be sexy, thanks to Angelina Jolie. Just in case you forgot my face as the last picture I posted was like a decade ago.


Looked contented. Right after my morning jog hence the unattractive Milo tee and make-up-less face.

So, it hits me that it really doesn't matter what others say about me, about how unattractive I look, how xxx is prettier than me, how I do not have boobs. After all I am just an ordinary girl living an ordinary life. I do not live for cameras and photoshoots, so hell yeah, I am happy with myself. My family loves me, my parents always praise me even when I myself know I look like shit, and my boyfriend had seen me in my worst and still loves me. Maybe I even have things that somebody wish to have. So, with that, I am very, very thankful for everything I have.

You are pretty, if you have a pretty heart. It's a cliche but I think it is true. If a girl is pretty on the outside but a monster on the inside, sooner or later, she turns hideous in everyone's heart. If you doubt this, try to watch Korean dramas and focus on the bad girl/woman. She gets uglier with every episode. No kidding. At least that's my thought when I watch the Korean Drama on ONE with my mom every evening. Haha.

No comments: