Saturday, May 4, 2013

Beauty products that are worth getting.

I used to have clear and radiant skin until I had chicken pox during my second year in the university. Though there isn't any mark, thanks a lot to the handsome doctor, I guess some hormonal changes happened in my system and BAM, I started to have bad skin. Pimples, acnes, large pores, oily skin. Everything came at once. Since then I began to find ways to save my skin by trying out many beauty brands, hence this post. My face has not returned to its best condition, but I believe it is on its way.

I am not a rich girl. I am not born with a silver spoon, and I do not earn much to enable me to get pricey items, thus most of the beauty products that I own are available in drugstores. Some may think that pricey beauty brands like Estee Lauder, Clinique, SK-II, etc. must produce good-quality products compared to drugstore beauty brands, but this statement is not completely true. Of course, some expensive beauty products are really good but I have friends whose skin got worse after they changed their skincare products to the pricey brands, too.

These are some drugstore beauty products that I have tried and thought I should share with you guys. All of them are worth trying because I got positive results after using them and they are real cheap.

Skincare products first.


I believe you have seen this picture on my blog for a few times already. I am using like my third or fourth tub/bottle now. I have with me the toner and moisturizing cream all the time. Hada Labo might be a tad pricey for a drugstore brand but a tub/bottle can last for 4 to 5 months so it is all worth it. Only a few tiny drops are needed for the whole face. It is moisturizing but it is suitable for those with oily skin too. I myself have combination skin. I cannot use products that are too dry or too moisturizing for the skin, and it was such a pain in the ass. I have tried so many moisturizing brands and this is the only one that brings the best result. However, try not to apply too much in the morning because the skin might get too oily, and when the oil combines with sweat and dirt -> pimples and acnes. 


For cleanser, I use Juju Aquamoist. The other products in the line are too moisturizing for my skin and my skin tends to get more oily. I found that Juju cleanser cleanses better than Hada Labo. More bubbles and it cleanses more thoroughly. 



THIS, my friend, IS A BOMB. I started using it in March after I discovered it on Facebook and that a friend of my sis strongly recommended it. It is not a drugstore product and it is quite pricey so I took some time to consider about buying it. I am glad I did. My skin turned so much better, A WHOLE LOT BETTER, after using this night cream. Within 2 months, my pores had shrunken, my acne scars are lighter, and my skin is not oily anymore so my makeup stays on the face all day. My mom realized the change too. Now, even without facial treatments, I seldom have breakouts like I used to. Totally awesome to the core. My turn to recommend to you guys. You will see the difference too. You have my words! Though expensive, a small tub can be used up to a year, so it is also worth it la, if you divide the price with the days used. Haha. 

I seldom use facial scrub and masks now because, first, I am lazy to scrub the face, second, I found that my skin stays in a better condition without facial masks. Maybe I have not found the best facial mask for my skin yet. 

Makeup products now.


Favourite BB cream. The texture is so light you won't even feel anything after application. Plus the coverage is real good. It covers all my pores, my blackheads and all imperfections. My everyday BB cream. Nevertheless the colour kind of falls in a lighter shade. At least mine is. I am not sure whether there are different shades to choose from. One more downside is that it melts with water. So, what I do is, I apply powder after the BB cream.


L'oreal Angelfit concealer. Using it since like 3 years ago. Awesome coverage. My mom says this is a magical liquid because it covers my acne scars so well. Haha. I use it under my eyes too.


I used to use only Majolica Majorca mascara but this is real good. The former house mate lent me hers and I instantly fell in love with it. As mentioned in the name, it adds to the volume of the lashes and makes it look like you are wearing false lashes and it really does that, no kidding. It is cheaper than MJ too, so recently I got my second tube.

That's all. I have a facial mask I got from my beautician that I have yet to try. Let you guys know more if I discover good stuff. Do try the products above and share with me if you have any cheap but awesome favourites!  

No comments: